Monday, July 21, 2014

Musings in Textile: France

Yes ! It is finally happening getting things together for a Pozible fundraiser so hopefully I can self publish my book Musings in Textile: France, so watch this space for details as I am hoping we will raise enough funds to  self publish and hopefully some of you will see fit to support the project. My daughter  Celeste Galtry will design the book and we started shooting photographs and styling photographs and putting in some serious miles to plan and decide on the style, type layout

Life is going to get hectic, because I have lagged in the writing- lots of ideas, written down but not in order, ideas floating around, but now it's time to pull it all together- it's been three years in the talking and preparing and doing.I have been working in the studio of a friend in Richmond and will continue to have the space until mid August- at least I can have a lot of my things out again

I want my book to be beautiful and full of inspiration and translation of inspiration. There will be a how to dvd in the back to explain techniques I have used but I don't want the how to  images to clutter the book.

so here goes....


And there is still time to join the Travellers' Blanket on-line class- where  you will fabricate and tell stories in fabric of your very own! The class starts on 28 July. Email me if you would like to join!

No comments: